Did you know arts integration has been linked to higher test scores, increased likelihood of graduation, better academic performance, greater career readiness, and increased likelihood of leadership? Not only do the arts assist in general well-roundness of our youngest Hoosiers, they also encourage teamwork, creativity, and ingenuity – all of which pay off continuously in life. Need the facts? We’ve got you covered.
- Students with high arts participation & low socioeconomic status have a 4% dropout rate – 5x lower than their peers without access to the arts
- A student involved in the arts is 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
- Students who took four years of arts courses in high school earned higher scores on both the verbal and math SAT
- Young people with high arts involvement are 3 times more likely to be elected to class office
- 1,500 CEOs surveyed by IBM ranked creativity as the most important leadership quality they are looking for in their workers
Ready to pledge support to the arts in Indiana classrooms? Join the conversation with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @Arts4LearningIN.