Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 5, 2014
NRG Energy, Inc. and Arts for Learning are pleased to announce the NRG Creatively Green Awards Program. This program will award two schools in the Indianapolis metropolitan area with an engaging and dynamic family festival that offers parents and children the chance to participate in hands-on art to better understand the importance of environmental sustainability.
Winning schools receive the unique opportunity to host a family event featuring Arts for Learning environmental performances and workshops that will celebrate imagination and creativity while promoting a better understanding of individual and community responsibility to protect our planet.
Learn more about Arts for Learning >> HERE
What Your School Wins:
A 3 hour family arts festival that includes:
- A dynamic performance by an Arts for Learning artist focusing on the importance of protecting the environment.
- Hands-on art making workshops led by Arts for Learning teaching artists that promote environmental sustainability.
- A community art-making project to be played, displayed or shared during the event.
- The guidance and support of Arts for Learning staff to help plan your family arts festival.
- A “tool kit” to assist your school with publicity and implementation of the event including an adaptable press release, flyers and signage.
What Your School Provides:
- A suitable space to host the festival (school gym, multi-purpose room, etc.).
- Event publicity and participant recruitment.
- Volunteers for the festival.
- A collection drive for recycled materials.
- Food and beverage for the festival.
Eligibility and Criteria:
To be eligible a school must be:
- A private, public or charter school.
- Any school serving grades K-6.
- Located anywhere in Marion and surrounding counties.
- Download the application >> NRG Application
- Fax to 317-925-0654 or mail to Arts for Learning at 3921 N. Meridian, Ste 210, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Questions? Email your Program Director or send an inquiry email to email@example.com!