Arts for Learning
Arts for Learning is the premier provider of arts education programs for youth in Indiana. Each year, we partner with schools and community organizations throughout the state to engage approximately 40,000 youth in the arts. With our roster of teaching artists, we offer creative learning experiences to empower youth and transform education.
Arts for Learning Indiana brings the arts to your school community to champion creative learning, innovate education, and transform lives.
Arts for Learning envisions a future where all youth in Indiana have access to an education that is made whole by the arts.
At Arts for Learning Indiana, we value:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Access, and Belonging as essential elements of an ongoing process to move our culture toward justice and solidarity.
- The strength of symbiotic and innovative partnerships.
- Learning that fosters imagination as central to developing self-discovery, critical thought, and empathy.
- People who integrate creativity into their lives; in particular:
- Artists for their devotion to the fostering and amplifying of cultural expression
- Educators for their commitment to inspiring young minds through culturally sustaining pedagogy
- Youth for their inherent intelligence and curiosity to explore, create, and discover who they are
- We thank all who lift up the mission and celebrate the vibrancy of the Arts for Learning community: staff, board, donors, advocates, and volunteers
Teachers Received PD and Training
Committed to Diversity & Inclusion
Arts for Learning is committed to diversity in all aspects of its mission and activities and at all levels of the organization, including its Board of Directors.
Young Audiences Arts for Learning
Arts for Learning Indiana is affiliated with the national Young Audiences Arts for Learning network. Our network is made up of local affiliated nonprofits that collectively impact over 5 million young people each year.
Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning
Arts for Learning Indiana is proud to be Central Indiana Wolf Trap, one of 23 Wolf Trap Institute affiliates across the country and around the world.