Join Our Roster
Are you a passionate artist who is interested in sharing your work with children? Can you see yourself discovering new information alongside curious young people? Are you a creative thinker who is open to trying new approaches with your art? Arts for Learning hires teaching artists as independent contractors on an annual basis to work on our behalf with students in schools, community centers, and afterschool and summer programs. These teaching artists engage children in their specialized art form and demonstrate how that art form can connect to young lives in real and tangible ways. We contract teaching artists, paid on a program basis and not as full-time employees. Pay is dependent on type of program and/or ensemble size. Average pay is $60 per 45-minute program. Submissions to become a teaching artist with Arts for Learning are accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information contact Clockwork Janz, Director of Creative Talent and Equitable Practices.
What We Seek
- A readiness and willingness to share your passion for the arts with children
- Must have flexible availability during regular school hours and/or after school timeframe
- Experience within your area of artistic expertise and demonstrated examples of successful work, including performances, exhibits, public presentations, advanced training, etc.
- Be willing to learn new things and work with Arts for Learning staff and teaching artists to create arts integrated programming.
- Must participate in an annual criminal history background check process.