Do you believe in empowering children through arts in education? Are you organized, highly motivated, and passionate about the role of the arts in a well-rounded education? If so, Arts for Learning may be the right fit for you.
The Accountant reports to the Controller and to the President & CEO and will be responsible for the financial operations of the organization.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Record all income and cash disbursements
• Manage Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable
• Grant tracking of income and expenses and monthly reporting
• Manage Payroll and benefits for staff and artists
• Keep inventory of all property and equipment
• Record monthly journal entries
• Perform month end reconciliations for all accounts
• Interact with other staff members (CEO, Program, Marketing & Development) to ensure accurate and up-to-date reporting of organization’s financial activities
• Provide Controller with all data needed for monthly financial statements
• Provide outside auditors with all information needed for them to conduct the yearly audit
• Prepare and review annual reports
If interested, please email your resume, cover letter, and references to JoEllen Florio Rossebo at JRossebo@artsforlearningindiana.org Arts for Learning is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Deadline: 4 PM, April 19
Program Overview: Art for Learning’s Fresh StART program engages students in a school-based effort to improve their community through art. In a series of workshops, students and their families identify what they could do to improve their neighborhood or space. Students are encouraged through various art forms to share their thoughts about a particular topic. The students’ artworks in a form of, but not limited to, a story, dance, poem, sculpture, will serve as the inspiration for the final work produced by a professional artist.
Project Goal: To design and produce an outdoor installation that is inspired by the students’ personal narratives. The artwork will be installed at Knightstown Elementary School in Henry County.
- Design ideas must clearly depict student voice
- Ability to present two design ideas for voting by the school community
- Must participate in a culminating event
- Respond to communications in a timely manner
- Document the progress of the work on social media to keep the students informed
- Enter into a contractual agreement with Arts for Learning and agree to a background check
Week of April 22 – planning meeting with the project team
May 17 – two prototypes due
June – August – production/installation
August 30 – project completed
To apply for consideration
Email a cover letter and resume detailing exhibition or related experience to Ploi Pagdalian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include photos or websites of portfolio examples if possible.