Do you believe in empowering children through arts in education? Are you organized, highly motivated, and passionate about the role of the arts in a well-rounded education? If so, Arts for Learning may be the right fit for you.
Contract Position Available
Arts for Learning is looking for a Program Evaluator for its STEM+Arts Initiative. To apply, send a copy of your resume with cover letter to Ploi Pagdalian, Senior Director of Programs, email@example.com.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a comprehensive strategic evaluation plan that identifies and prioritizes evaluation activities to be completed during the 2019-2010 school year.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and implement individual evaluation plans for prioritized program areas.
- Implement evaluations in all three areas of focus – student learning and teaching skills of classroom teachers and teaching artists.
- Ensure that evaluation activities are complementary to the best practices in program evaluation of arts-based initiatives.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of or familiarity with the arts, elementary education, and STEM learning.
- Ability to engage with, listen to, and learn from a broad range of evaluation stakeholders, encouraging their meaningful participation.
- Commitment to ensuring that evaluation activities are done in a culturally competent manner.
About STEM+Arts: The STEM+Arts Integration initiative in Indiana is guided by this inquiry question: What are the elements of a successful out-of-school, arts integrated STEM education that increases students’ enthusiasm and exposure to STEM learning? We will look into student learning in both STEM and arts concepts as well as changes in understanding and improved teaching practices with teaching artists and youth workers in the areas of STEM and arts integration.